Friday, August 17, 2012

I can't believe this is happening. It is (almost) literally insane. In 10 days I will be hopping onto a plane to spend 4 months in Pune, India!

Usually this time of year you'll find me getting ready for a new year at American University, where I am an International Studies major. But this semester I decided to apply for the Alliance for Global Education's Contemporary India program. Here is a accurate depiction of me when I found out that I got accepted:



It's going to be an experience, no doubt. I have never been anywhere outside of the US before. Not even Canada! When I tell people that I'm studying abroad in India the reactions I've gotten range from appalled confusion to unbridled excitement. The reactions to my obsessive very accurate countdown of days until departure are a different story.

Despite all of my jumbled-up emotions, I couldn't be more excited or thankful to be getting ready to embark on  this adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Grace

    I came across your blog through tumblr (http://displaces.tumblr.com) just before I too flew out to Pune for what is going to be a 5 month stint with an NGO. I really enjoyed reading your first post as it reassured me that I wasn't being completely crazy.

    Your more recent posts have depressed me a little as I haven't done half as much as you have yet since arriving! I really want to get out of the city more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And most of the stuff I've done is thanks to my program. I'm still trying to figure things out too! I'd suggest going out to Sinhagad Fort definitely. It's just a little ways out of the city and it's awesome. Just take the 50 bus (which is kind of a struggle but totally worth it). Hope you have a great next few months!

    ReplyDelete