Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Leaving on a Jet Plane (Round Two)

Once again, I can't believe this is happening. In 36 hours from now I'll be leaving for Mumbai where I'll fly back to America, ending this strange and wonderful journey.

I'm not really sure how to feel about this. One one hand, I've been absolutely dying to go back to the US to my family, friends, and Christmas. I've resorted to retail therapy to make up for missing my sisters (sure they don't mind this). And I miss my friends more than they know.

On the other, India is my home. Slowly but surely this has become my life and a place where I have adapted a place and an identity. It's the place where I've been the most happy. It's the place where I've been the most sad. To adapt here, I've struggled and found strength in the little victories  which have overall made me into a new person. This is my life. I am an American in India. Going back to America, I'm nervous about how this changed person will fit back state-side.

My study abroad friends have become my study abroad family and are some of the best people I have ever met. I could not imagine this trip without any of them and will miss seeing them everyday. Last night my roommate Arpita and I made (typical) sad noises at each other for ten minutes because it was our last night together. We all have been going through so many lasts. I don't like it. Last omelette at Good Luck, last night at the club, last center breakfast, last Laxmi shopping trip, omg. I'm already planning a road trip to Chicago where a bunch of them live.

Classy friends

Sassy friends 

But I am excited to go back since travel week (which I'll blog about when I get back home) I felt homesick for the first time in my life and was counting down the days until this moment. Now I just want time to STOPPPPPPP!

Despite all of my struggles with bureaucratic and life, I would not trade my experience for anything in the world.


13 comments:

  1. Indian is beautiful place to travel. There are so many places to visit. Most Beautiful Places are :
    Kashmir
    Himachal Pradesh
    Rajasthan
    Goa
    Tamilnadu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post with fantastic information. Loved it. It is in reality a nice and useful piece of info. I'm glad that you simply shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us informed like this.
    Thank you for sharing.

    Wildlife Tours  India | Ladakh  Family Tour

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog...As an aside, I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Looking Blogs. Nice Design and Images
    Good article and Content

    ReplyDelete
  5. Japji Travel India Provide Car and Coach Rental Service

    Click Here To Book Online Vehicle

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Grace,

    My name is KC Owens; I’m a college student who loves to travel! While cruising the Internet, I found your site and really enjoyed reading your posts. Personally, I think traveling is a necessary part of life as you’re exposed to all sorts of new cultures and experiences. While enjoying time abroad, I've found it's crucial to fully understand the dangers that you might encounter along the way. These mishaps are part of life and certainly part of travel but it’s always a great idea to take preventive measures to help ensure your safety while abroad.

    I was hoping that you would allow me to write a post for your site to share my travel safety tips with your readers? I put a lot of time and passion into my traveling and I would love to help others by offering safety advice as a result of the mistakes and triumphs I've had. I look forward to hearing from you!

    Best,

    KC Owens

    ReplyDelete
  8. FSSAI sticks to February 4, 2014 as the last date for licensing and registration of Food Business Operators

    The apex body on food safety in India ‘FSSAI’ has decided not to allow any further extension for the Registration & Licensing of all food businesses under the new act. The original content of this advisory allowing extension till Feb. 4, 2014
    Food Business Operators; you have very good opportunity to get License/Registration in to FSSAI License up to 4th February 2014
    Implications of Advisory:
    Now you can convert it in FSSAI License or Registration till 4th February 2014 without any penalty.
    As per section 63 of FSSAI Act, Penalty for running the business without a license is imprisonment with up to 6 months with fine up to 5lakh.
    If you want to know more about this procedure and queries then you can contact us for complete details at e-mail address: nabh@qsindia.in OR Click here for Apply Online
    And Mob.No.09215300338.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post, I bookmark your blog because I found very good information on your blog, Thanks for sharing more information
    Quality Services & Training Pvt.Ltd.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing such a nice post. it's also help me how to book Cheap Rajasthan Tour Packages

    ReplyDelete
  11. biggest state of India with stunning metropolis awesome pics n info shared

    ReplyDelete
  12. The contents has provided meaningful information thanks for sharing info

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely pics. From magnificent forts to the best of modern luxury, from vibrant performative arts to centuries of history, from handicrafts that have left their mark on the world to stately jewellery everyone desires, Jaipur offers all and more. Check out direct Mumbai to Jaipur flights also.

    ReplyDelete