Monday, September 10, 2012

First Impressions

Finally all settled in Pune!!

I haven't actually taken many pics of the city (sorry, Mom) but I will soon.

After less than two weeks, here I already feel like it's been an eternity. I've done so many things I just would not have though of doing back stateside. Like waterfall repelling, seeing things that predate the discovery of America, signing up for a dance class, agreeing to take random pictures with complete strangers who don't even speak my language, put a hand out in front of a moving car not knowing if it will stop or not, and bargaining for jewelry.

Rule #2 of India living is that everything is a little victory. Crossing the street is a big freaking deal. Getting successfully across is enough to make your day! Avoid a beggar in the streets? You initially feel like a horrible, horrible human being, but really you are a champ. Bargain for a lower price? Treat yourself to some fantastic Indian ice cream, girl, you win at life!

Rule #1 of India is that the Rules of India are made to be broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment